Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Styling books in a Minimalist home

In my mist of decluttering I have got rid of a lot of books but there are still some favourites I have kept but styling them bothers me, a mix of different coloured spines and texts is sometimes just too much so when I have found books styled in a reversed fashion I have been really drawn to the simplicity. Albeit a little unpractical.


Image credit pinterest

I am a little late to the party with this way of styling as it really gained momentum on Instagram late 2017, there are dozens of pins on pinterest, featuring the look showing full bookcases with books facing the wrong direction. If books do not match your decor, this in my opinion is an incredibly easy solution to flip them for a perfectly coordinated look. 

I appreciate it may look a bit unpractical, but I have restyled my shelves with the books I wanted to keep and was pretty pleased with the look.




I feel its given them a more clean minimalistic look even though my my partner did make a comment the other day about why the books are facing the wrong way!

Would love to hear your thoughts, how are books styled in your home, do you like the look or think it's a bit unpractical?

Thanks for stopping by
Cathy xox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard