Sunday, July 26, 2020

Oh Corona!





 Photo credit styled stock society 


Hello, it's been a while, really where to start with this post as my last one was full of new goals, enthusiasm and aspirations for a new business venture to get off the ground and then wham we were hit with the virus. 

 I haven't coped that well I will put my hand up to that, I have had some good days but some not so good as honestly sometimes I am not a strong person and I do let all my worries escalate sometimes I think that is part and parcel of being a single parent.  Lockdown has been a rocky road, my kids didn't  see their father for a few months, homeschooling well I failed at that miserably trying to juggle the finances due to loss of earnings oh and PMS (which I suffer with badly) that really wasn't fun during lockdown!  However there were times I gave myself a good talking to as I had the support of my partner and my wonderful friends, the fact we checked in on each other daily was so important we were there for each other through the anxious times, my journey was the same as many but some cope better than others during a crisis,  however compared to NHS and key workers I  honestly had it pretty easy and like my dear dad said if we come out of this with our health then we are the lucky ones and although the end is not yet in sight so far we are all safe and well. 

So now lockdown restrictions are lifted and the school summer holidays are here it's getting a little bit easier, being reunited with my dad was so amazing as we missed him so much, we have had some days out at our local water park, paddle boarding, canoeing and enjoying the sunshine, lots of walks.  Tilly finally nailed learning to ride her bike during lockdown so its been great to get out on our bikes and we have our holiday to look forward to in Newquay which is so needed. Oh and getting my hair done in a safe environment was truly bliss. 

I have tried to learn a few life lessons from all of this to try and stay strong and positive but I have found it so hard at times, I think often in times of crisis not having my mum with us is a tough one to deal with, as mums keep us safe no matter what age and mine always had the right words she was my go to when I felt sad and was struggling with mental health or worries. Being the strong mum my kids need without my own is often a real struggle. I have taken time to reflect how we were lucky to nurse mum and my beloved auntie who we lost last year my heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one due to the killer virus it really does.

Covid -19 is horrible what more can I say and we are not out of the woods yet but I am determined to stay positive make our days meaningful and to practise gratitude, even just writing this blog post has lifted me as sometimes getting things written down or in this case typed out makes you feel so much better. 

Thanks for stopping by and check back soon as I have a post to launch about selling my home and relocating to the beautiful Malvern Hills with my tips for a major declutter before moving home. 


Cathy 
xoxo 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard