Friday, February 7, 2020

Some new goals



January felt long but the darkest days of winter are now behind us have you noticed 4pm is so much lighter than a month ago and we can still enjoy those cosy nights in whilst winter draws to an end.

So this year I have set myself a few challenges to get through to Spring, the first one being, Veganuary this wasn't easy to begin with, however I have embraced the health benefits and after watching a few documentaries about the animal cruelty I can honestly say I felt sick to my stomach and although at the end I am not a fully fledged vegan I have totally given up meat and fish, I am mainly following a plant based diet, which I honestly feel so much better for and wish I had done it years ago.

I am continuing with more sustainable fashion and only buying what I need and if I can get it second hand even better, I  have started following the journey of Signe I am a huge fan of her blog and how she has embraced a more simple lifestyle and am joining in on her low buy year,  as really being more mindful about spending is so good for me, we have some trips to save for and other family financial goals so being more careful with spending is a priority right now.

I am budgeting and writing down every thing I spend which actually seeing it written down makes me really question my spending. I am trying to encourage the kids, I think they get sick of hearing 'but do you really need it?' however I feel my kids need to be more mindful as I want them to grow up appreciating experiences over "stuff'!

A few more personal goals are to engage in some more self care, read more, write more, yes more blog posts as this little outlet is my way of journalling, which I enjoy so much. I am also planning on embracing slow days and time at home, the joy of missing out it is my mantra!

If you have set any goals for this year I would love to hear how they are going.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cathy
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard