Sunday, March 7, 2021

A house move & gratitude post

Last month was a big month for myself and my children, I finally completed on our house purchase, it was a long stressful process!




Brief background our previous home was in a village just a few miles out of Worcester, it was a lovely home but we never properly settled there, it was what I could afford after my divorce, our previous home was a modern and whilst I enjoyed decorating and styling for me modern houses just don't have the soul and character and I really longed for another period property, I told myself back in 2017 it was always going to be a three year house as there was only so long I could make my daughters box room work and village life just didn't suit us as a family, the main reason for this was I had to drive EVERYWHERE and being a single parent this was a real pain! Moving back into the city centre wasn't an option, I wanted somewhere were the kids would have a bit of independence when they were older, where we could walk to schools, somewhere we had lots of open space, we were ready for a fresh start a new town but not too far from my dad and friends, Malvern ticks so many boxes, as its close to Worcester but far enough away to feel like a fresh start, the schools are good just being here for the air and the views is a really blessing. But it was a gamble and there have been days especially with all the uncertainty of the last twelve months that I have worried if we have done the right thing, but now we are finally in our new home I can truly say the gamble has paid off, we have a better house with more space and it was less money than what I sold for, its a bit of a project which I am so excited about, we can walk everywhere which is a big thing for me as honestly I hate getting in the car to just buy a few essentials, I have been a mum to school aged children for seven years and I have longed to be able to walk them to school and finally that has happened, its the small things hey but being a single mum to two it will really help our routine and way of life.


It actually took eight months to purchase the house, my sale went through on our previous home and the majority of our possessions went into storage, my partner was amazing and we stayed with him for a while but ya know blended families and all that it wasn't easy at times we all needed our own space, Due to a long chain the house purchase got delayed further so the kids and I rented a gorgeous flat off my boss for three months, so with almost a year of living with covid and on our third lockdown, its safe to say the day we got the keys a huge weight was lifted and it was worth the wait. 


I am really counting my blessing's we have finally moved and can start making memories in our new home, I do pinch myself that we can call this beautiful town home. I can't wait for everything to open up again and stroll up the hill to town for a coffee and walk to a restaurant for a meal oh and the pub how nice will that be to actually sit in a pub garden. 


Our new abode needs some work not a complete reno, but I have lots of ideas possible extension but I am going to take my time, the kids rooms are decorated and I have commandeered the loft room I thought my son would want it but he chose a room on the first floor, they actually didn't argue over bedrooms they both have great size rooms, but my son is a typical 11 year old as long as he has his PS4 and his cosy bed he's happy and thinking about it, its closer to get to the kitchen for shacks haha! So I was happy to take the loft room once the kiddos had decided which room they wanted and already I am loving escaping up there and although its just painted white the room has become my little sanctuary and feels very homely.


Oh and I am still decluttering, I am contemplating going back on facebook just for the market place as I I am still getting rid of stuff, the first thing being my habitat tv cabinet as it doesn't really work in the sitting room! I did promise a post on my decluttering about six months ago (I really am a terrible blogger) but this outlet has been rejected and honestly if I get to update it when I can that's okay but it would be great to get to it more often! Maybe now the kids are getting back to school and lockdown is coming to an end I may post more than a few times a year!!


But honestly this post is kind of therapy for me as mentioned before when I have blogged, I really am trying to practise gratitude as much as I can, my kids have had wobbles and its been a tough year but I am blown away by their amazing resilience moving towns, to my partners then to a flat then finally to our new home, starting new schools, then going through homeschooling and not seeing friends and family, I am so proud of them, I am hoping these little challenges will set them up for life a bit. I have found myself apologising to them and keep telling them brighter times are ahead and reminding them  we are not moving for a very long time! This bonkers year with all the changes and restrictions it has made us even closer we really are team three even when we do fall out! 


Hope you have enjoyed reading my little life update and if you need to, I would really recommend writing a gratitude list its good for the soul or taking some time out to reflect on how you have got through this crazy year. So stay safe and keep going brighter times really are ahead. 

Thanks for reading,

Cathy xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard