Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Launching My Decluttering Business





So it's been a long time since I posted, life has seriously got in the way of my little creative outlet, I am super busy juggling all the time keeping two little humans alive and running the home and I have been busy with selling on Ebay to raise funds for Christmas,  I have been thrifting lots and reselling and whilst its been great to earn some extra cash and a feel good factor doing my bit for the environment selling preloved items its time consuming. Also I have been focusing on how to live more sustainably and of course constantly organising, decluttering and trying to focus on a bit of self care. I  think that's half my problem I often have too many projects on the go and now I am taking on another I must be crazy right?

So why do I feel so passionate about helping others with decluttering and home organising here's my story.

Since downsizing after my divorce I was a massively overwhelmed with the amount of 'stuff 'we had accumulated over ten years of being in the same home,  I was left to clearing the family home, emptying the loft, garden sheds and summer house, dealing with all the stuff it was seriously overwhelming and I swore to myself I would never let myself get into that situation again. Just thinking about it makes me want to shudder, because the fact is clutter is not good for the soul it can make you feel a little bit out of control, I know to some that may seem a bit dramatic but for me clutter just inhibits creativity and productivity that's why I feel so passionate about helping others as I strongly believe life is better with less.

So I have a lot of work to do getting this little business off the ground,  I have dabbled a bit this year, helped a few clients with decluttering but I haven't given it my all,  but after an inspirational chat with my sister I feel Its time to focus on something for me and build a brand doing something that I am passionate about.

So watch this space here's hoping 2020 will be a year of successful decluttering and helping others create an organised and calm living space oh and hopefully some more blog posts!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard