Friday, March 22, 2019

Spring Wear




Image Credit Cos


Hurry up Spring, It's so windy and cold at the moment and I am feeling like I need a change with my attire all I seem to wear is jeans and jumpers, I am out of my winter boots and in my Converse but still hanging onto my North Face coat for the school run.

So after my epiphany last year when I stopped buying loads of cheap, crap clothes and sold half my wardrobe have I anything left... hmm not much! But it still stands I am only buying clothes that I will actually wear all the time and are more sustainable, otherwise what is the actual point in them just gaining dust hanging on my clothes rail! My staples for the day are jeans, long sleeved tops and sweaters, now I have a few of those so that's great, my most recent purchase was these jeans from Marks and Spencer. They are soft and ridiculously comfortable, love them. The other pair I own are Next jeggings for the day to day running around, but I do feel they look a bit bum-saggy after a few wears! So may consider purchasing another pair of  'day jeans'.

The only other purchases I am going to make are two shirts, a new denim one as my faithful H&M number has been worn to death and added to the recycling bag to give back to them in store. My other planned purchase is a white shirt. The white shirt is a classic staple and such a versatile piece of clothing. I feel a purchase will be well justified as it will be so useful.

So the search is on, so far I have found one in Boden which is a great price. I feel really determined to shop for items I feel I need and will wear on a regular basis. I am no longer buying items that do not fit my lifestyle anymore. My capsule wardrobe is getting established now however there are still items I need to clear out. But I have been hanging onto them for some reason, I feel I need to give them the Maria Kondo approach, do they 'spark joy'?

Have you any planned purchases for Spring or are you sticking with what you have already, or maybe planning a clear out?

Thanks for stopping by,
Cathy
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Copy to clipboard